5-DAY BRIDAL HAIRSTYLING COURSE – £1,500
Who the course is suitable for: Complete beginners or those with little experience of bridal hairstyling who would like to learn this skill.
What you can expect: Bespoke course curriculum and unique teaching methods designed to help you learn quickly and effectively. 5 days full of education and inspiration!
During this course you’ll learn how to work confidently with various hair types and lengths; gain expertise in frequently requested hairstyle techniques; and understand how to create the most flattering, jaw-dropping and long-lasting looks for your clients.
The course tutor is Kasia who has a superb reputation within the wedding industry having styled hundreds of happy brides. She has also worked on numerous magazine editorials, fashion shows and celebrities therefore has the skills and expertise to provide the best learning experience through in-depth theory and practical demonstrations.
Kasia was chosen from thousands of hopefuls to participate in an on-line talent programme led by worldwide hair icon Sam McKnight where she honed her skills to perfection.
You’ll benefit from Kasia’s years of experience – she’ll teach you how to design and structure hairstyles that work harmoniously with facial features and overall style. This course is run on either a one-to-one or two-to-one basis which ensures that you receive the maximum guidance and attention. This provides the most efficient and effective learning experience so that you can master the necessary techniques required in order to become an expert in bridal hairstyling.
After the course you’ll continue receiving support from the Academy via our Facebook Study Group: expect competitions, job sharing, test shoot invitations, work appraisals, special event announcements and discounts to future masterclasses with the Academy. Also you’ll be invited to assisting/observation days at the Kristina Gasperas Makeup and Hair Studio which will help you continue growing your skills and keep you on the right path.
The course includes the following fundamentals that will enable you to become a superb hairstylist…
- Selecting the correct hairstyle – interpreting requests, analysis of face shape and selecting the most flattering hairstyles to make your clients look and feel amazing;
- Correct style choices and corrective techniques – how to deal with different hair thicknesses, lengths and natural curls;
- Product knowledge – selecting products for different hair types, lengths and chosen hairstyles;
- Introduction to curls and waves – create curls and waves that last, shine and work with specific hairstyles;
- Using hair tools – selecting the correct tools, including tongs, wands, heated and velcro rollers;
- Analysis of the most popular hairstyles – how to follow and interpret hair trends; and
- Business set-up and advancement – how to start out and progress successfully in a bridal hairstyling career.
- Hair preparation – using correct products for various hair types;
- Blow-drying – the smoothing effect and creating lasting volume;
- Bridal hairstyles – the most frequently requested. Modern as well as timeless up-dos and half-up styles;
- In-depth Hollywood wave – includes the correct placement of hair extensions;
- Braid maze – how to incorporate modern braids into almost any hairstyle;
- Natural hair extensions and padding – to create red-carpet-worthy bridal hairstyles;
- Working with short, long and very curly hair;
- Working with thick or fine hair;
- Curls and waves – use of hair tools to create perfect curls and waves;
- Vintage styles – tips and tricks on how to make vintage styles look up-to-date;
- Red-carpet styles – bridal versions. Make your brides look like superstars! and
- Other popular styles – such as boho waves, the low bun, side bun, chignons, braids and many more.
Up to 4 different bridal hairstyles will be worked on during every day of practical.
The following additional services are also available:
- 60-second promotional video of you hairstyling that can be included in your portfolio to make it stand out, the cost of this is a discounted £190 for Academy students; and
- Website text enhancement, editing and proof-reading – especially recommended if English is not your first language. Please mention to us if you are interested in this service and we can provide a quote.
A diploma is awarded upon successful completion.
Courses are run at the Kristina Gasperas Makeup and Hair Studio, 5A-7A Golden Court, Richmond, Surrey TW9 1EU although can be booked for a location of your choice.
Once a course with the Academy has been completed discounts are available for future courses and masterclasses.
Closest rail/underground/overground station to the Studio is Richmond, parking is available at the nearby Paradise Road car park (TW9 1SQ). Closest airport is London Heathrow.
To book a £350 deposit is required with the balance settled 2 weeks before the course start date. All major credit/debit cards accepted excluding American Express.
Check out the Why Study With Us page for more information and inspiration on why studying at the Kristina Gasperas Beauty Academy is for you.