5-DAY BRIDAL MAKEUP ADVANCED COURSE – £1,500
Who the course is suitable for: Professional makeup artists who would like to update their bridal makeup skills further and progress their professional development.
What you can expect: Bespoke course curriculum and unique teaching methods designed to help you learn quickly and effectively. An informative and inspiring 5 days that will drive your career forwards!
This is a privately-taught, customised course during which you’ll improve your knowledge and skills with the ultimate aim of boosting your career in makeup artistry. You’ll be taught how to work with various skin types and age groups; how to expertly apply frequently required correctional techniques; and gain a deeper understanding of how to create the most suitable and flattering looks for your bridal clients. It is run on either a one-to-one or two-to-one basis which ensures that you receive the maximum guidance and attention. This provides the most efficient and effective learning experience so that you can master the necessary techniques required in order to become an expert of bridal makeup artistry.
After the course you’ll continue receiving support from the Academy via our Facebook Study Group: expect competitions, job sharing, test shoot invitations, work appraisals, special event announcements and discounts to future masterclasses with the Academy. Also you’ll be invited to assisting/observation days at the Kristina Gasperas Makeup and Hair Studio which will help you continue growing your skills and keep you on the right path.
We’ll focus on mastering the most important fundamentals that are the foundations of makeup artistry:
- Colour theory and the principles of colour harmony – understanding the correct colours for various of skin tones in order to be able to choose the most effective combinations that will make your clients look fantastic;
- Facial anatomy – working with various face shapes and mastering the perfect oval;
- Correction of facial features – advanced techniques to correct eye shapes, eyebrows, thin lips and problematic skin;
- Expertise in makeup techniques and product selection – for a wide range of age groups and skin types;
- Business advancement – makeup artistry as a successful career. Includes a review of your website, analysis of your pricing structure, social media dos and don’ts, delivering exceptional customer service and continuing your development through practice; and
- Portrait photography – an optional module covering the importance of having a great portfolio and the theory behind taking beautiful, clean portraits that showcase the makeup. The images taken of your models during the course can be used for your portfolio – around 15-20 are provided. Camera advice is also included.
We’ll hone the following makeup skills to take you to the next level:
- Bridal – become an expert in different styles of the most frequently requested bridal looks. How to interpret your client’s requests correctly and in the most flattering way;
- Special Occasion – further your knowledge of creating beautiful and current evening/special event looks;
- Photographic makeup – the intricacies of makeup that will look super-effective in photographs;
- Makeup for mature women – advanced techniques on how to make your clients look 10 years younger;
- Individual eyelash application – each additional lash has its purpose. Enlarging and elongating lashes and anti-ageing effects through the expert application of individual lashes;
- Applying eye-liner – perfect eye-liner no matter what the eye shape;
- Smoky eye – a style so popular you need to be able to make it flawlessly and ideally blended every time;
- Vintage flick – popular but tricky to get exactly right. Learn how to confidently create a 50’s liquid line flick;
- Correcting mistakes – how to correct makeup mistakes on the job: uneven eye-liner, shaky lip-liner, uneven eyebrows, etc. Mastering error correction is half the job!
We can provide an in-house makeup kit for this course however we encourage you to bring in your own if possible so that you learn using the products that you prefer.
The following additional services are also available:
- 60-second promotional video of you applying makeup that can be included in your portfolio to make it stand out, the cost of this is a discounted £190 for Academy students; and
- Website text enhancement, editing and proof-reading – especially recommended if English is not your first language. Please mention to us if you are interested in this service and we can provide a quote.
A diploma is awarded upon successful completion.
Courses are run at the Kristina Gasperas Makeup and Hair Studio, 5A-7A Golden Court, Richmond, Surrey TW9 1EU although can be booked for a location of your choice.
Once a course with the Academy has been completed discounts are available for future courses and masterclasses.
Closest rail/underground/overground station to the Studio is Richmond, parking is available at the nearby Paradise Road car park (TW9 1SQ). Closest airport is London Heathrow.
To book a £350 deposit is required with the balance settled 2 weeks before the course start date. All major credit/debit cards accepted excluding American Express.
Check out the Why Study With Us page for more information and inspiration on why studying at the Kristina Gasperas Beauty Academy is for you.