WHY STUDY WITH US
THE FASTEST ROUTE TO SUCCESS FOR MAKEUP ARTISTS AND HAIRSTYLISTS INVOLVES ACQUIRING THE NECESSARY SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE TO BECOME A TRUE EXPERT WHO WILL BE SOUGHT AFTER BY DISCERNING CLIENTS.
Learning from us, one of the TOP bridal teams in the UK, will ensure that you get the EXACT training required to succeed. There is no better way to learn than from those whose services are highly regarded and in demand.
Our courses are equally for complete NEWCOMERS to the industry as they are for those with EXPERIENCE.
We train so many CAREER CHANGERS: ex-laywers, oil traders, police officers and PAs. Many of our students are also already professional makeup artists and hairstylists with various levels of experience looking to develop in a particular area. Our courses and masterclasses are created bespoke around YOU, to address YOUR individual needs.
The support and advice you’ll receive doesn’t end with the course – all Academy students are invited to a private Facebook group where you’ll be able to stay in touch with Academy tutors, network with other students and even receive work opportunities.
WHAT IS UNIQUE ABOUT YOUR APPROACH TO TEACHING?
- We teach the unique set of skills required to become exceptional in this industry – the skills that other UK makeup schools do not cover. We know this as we often have students coming to us who have completed courses elsewhere but do not feel confident in their abilities;
- Undivided attention – our courses are designed for a maximum of two students at any one time. This enables us to completely focus and guide every student so that you learn effectively, thoroughly and FAST;
- You know who your tutors are – check us out HERE. With some larger makeup schools you never know what calibre of tutor will be teaching you. When you study with us, you’ll know that you’ll be in the best hands possible learning the secrets that made us in-demand with thousands of clients;
- Course dates and times – are arranged to suit individual requirements;
- Models provided – students do not have to model for other fellow students, leaving more time for hands-on practical study. (You’re welcome to bring your friends to model of course!) This means practising on real models rather than dolls and replaying real-life situations;
- Portraits for your portfolio supplied – each of your models will be professionally photographed, the images can then be used in your portfolio. Without great images your business won’t take off fast. We take care of that;
- Business and start-up advice – we will work out a detailed plan with you on how to successfully start out in the industry. This includes advice on your equipment/kit, website, customer service, recommended continued practical work and portfolio building. The exact aspects that made us into one of the most in-demand bridal beauty teams in the UK;
- After-care – opportunities assisting at the Kristina Gasperas Makeup and Hair studio, paid work assignments and skill-boosting days at special low rates available only to Academy students to help your skills develop;
- Private on-line support group – we have a private Facebook group on which all students are able to network, support each other and share work opportunities – we post paid work here that we can’t take on when our diaries are full. We also hold live video skill-boosting sessions;
- Portraiture skills – we are in a visual industry. Images SELL our work. It is essential to learn how to photograph makeup and hair beautifully so as to be in control of keeping your portfolio current and stylish. A professional or semi-professional standard camera is recommended (which we can advise on);
- Staying up-to-date with makeup and hairstyles – we will advise on how to stay current on the latest makeup and hair trends; and
- Discounts on future courses/masterclasses – once a course with the Academy has been completed discounts are available for future courses and masterclasses; and
- COMPLETION DIPLOMA – recognised in the industry and can be used to apply for professional discounts with makeup/hairstyling brands.
WHERE DO THE COURSES TAKE PLACE?
Courses are run at the Kristina Gasperas Makeup and Hair studio in central Richmond, Surrey. This is a working space from where we also provide makeup and hair services for our clients.
Courses can also be arranged at a location of your choosing – nationally and internationally.
WHO ARE THE PROFESSIONAL COURSES SUITABLE FOR?
Our professional makeup and hairstyling courses are suitable for the following clients:
- People who are starting their first career and have the ambition and desire to become successful in makeup and/or hairstyling;
- Those of you who are thinking of changing career and want to learn how to become a professional makeup artist and/or hairstylist with no previous experience; and
- Seasoned professionals who feel as though they need to update or refresh their skills or progress their professional development.
Please CONTACT US and let us know your ambitions and course requirements, we look forward to hearing from you.